Background

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

427/365

Thankful for the sustaining power of prayer, for the grace of our precious Father, And for the peace that passes all understanding. AND for the body of Christ. Thankful for all of the people who have sent texts to me, called me, and prayed for my family, my UNCLE CLOUGH, and myself today. It has been a huge source of encouragement. I cannot express my gratitude. Please continue to pray for my Uncle. He was diagnosed today with stage 4 colon cancer. Our family has a tough road ahead, but God has blessed us with each other, and He's blessed us with HIS STRENGTH, and He is going to sustain. Please pray for wisdom for Aunt Lisa and Uncle Clough as they have some decisions to make in the next few days, and pray for comfort for Uncle Clough.


Today for the Campbell family was a tough day-- we all have them from time to time and they come in various forms.  God is teaching me that He is good, even in times we cannot physically see anything good. God is so faithful, even when we don't feel Him. God is loving, even when we don't understand how a particular situation shows love.

Today I've been clinging to many different passages of scripture, but am reminded time and time again about my precious Shepherd. Psalm 23 seems to be the passage that the Lord has used to bring me comfort through situations of loss in my life, and He's comforted me with it yet again.

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
forever."

(Psalm 23 ESV)
 
 
Thankful for the COMFORT of our Shepherd... "You're with me through every dark valley, there's nothing that I have to fear. You are there to comfort me again and again, protecting me, assuring me you're near. THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD, I shall not want. I will dwell in YOUR house, all the days of my life." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment