Background

Friday, January 13, 2012

409/365

Breakfast at Tiffany's


So, I must confess that I have never seen this movie, nor did I realize when making this the theme for Jules' shower tonight that in this movie Audrey Hepburn plays a not-so-good role. Oops... who knew that old movies could be bad?! ;)

Well, we still had our black and white, classy theme and had the best time. Time to get ready.... and this picture below really describes my relationship with Jules very well!
Getting ready... we had the hardest time putting the crowns/tiara in our hair. I don't think
we were made to wear them often, but it was fun while it lasted.
Had to go with the theme.... :)
We started off making jewelry- Sarah made these precious little earrings (that look like they are from anthropology... I LOVE THAT STORE!), so I got the supplies to make them with the girls. Since Jules is so crafty and is making a lot of the touches for her wedding, I thought crafts were a fun way to go!
Alli and Jen making their earrings... thanks to Sarah via Pinterest.
This craft doubled as their party favor... such a fun, "JULIA" kind-of craft... oh, I love her!
For dinner we ate pasta and my absolute favorite greek salad of all time, followed by NY Style Cheesecake. We enjoyed so much sitting around, eating, catching up, laughing, telling stories, eating some more, laughing some more, eating MORE, then drinking coffee. :) (You get the idea...)

Notice my touch of fur. This was my Grammie's and now resides in my
closet. Who would have known I'd have the opportunity to use it so soon!
I loved it!

Thanks to Sharon for co-hosting this shower with me, AND for whipping the WHIPPING CREAM!
It was delicious... :)

This is what we learned in design school.... ;)
After dinner we FINALLY got to the gifting which is always fun. What a great time of laughter and memories made... and of course, pictures!
... And who said you can't meet your best friends swing dancing?! :)
Thankful God crossed our paths in such a RANDOM way!
Yes, we loved studying interior design together. Yes, we loved making silly pictures all through college.
Yes, we have graduated. Yes, we still love the things we always have loved.
Yes, we will grow up one day. Yes, that day is not today.

With the one and only. I'm so honored I get to be a part of their day in May!


All the girls... blessed with these friendships!

Bridesmaids minus a couple... Irenia, myself, Allie, Jules (BRIDE), Sharon and Jen. 
What a fun night of celebration!! Congratulations, Jules and Victor! Love you both so dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment