Background

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

399/365

Our God is Greater


Tonight I watched the Passion Conference live with a few friends and it was truly a blessing. I have had "Our God" by Chris Tomlin floating in my head all night long, and was really encouraged by the teaching time.

They are doing an emphasis on the Word and our need for it, and a few verses I thought of that have been blessing my heart are Psalm 119:47-48 "For I find my delight in your commandments, which I love. I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes."

Thankful that we can truly delight in Christ- in His commandments and in His Word. Been convicted lately of my lack of love for the Word. It's amazing because when I spend time in the Word reading, memorizing, applying it, it's so rich, exciting and satisfying. Yet I forget too easily how fulfilling Christ is and run to so many other things. (even just busyness is a distraction for me.)

Thankful for the renewing power of the Word and for a night of fellowship and encouragement.

And thankful that we can find DELIGHT- TRUE delight in Christ and His commandments.

1 comment: