Background

Saturday, January 21, 2012

417/365

Republican Primary Election... started at 5am, was at the our precinct by 5:30, Barb and Evelyn arrived to help set up at 6, polls opened at 7am, Chicken biscuit came via Sarah at about 10am, lunch from the downs at noon, venti chai latte from Starbucks via Steph Jones at around 1, Dunkin Donuts around 3pm via Bethany Fisher (mmmm!), ice cream from Evelyn around 4, Starbucks BLONDE roast (mmmm) via Ronnie around 4:30, polls closed 7pm, packed up and out of there by 7:30, THE SMOKIN' PIG with dad and friends 8. (and somewhere in there I voted... and got an awesomely INCREDIBLE sticker to prove it!)

What a great day of "working" (but really drinking coffee, tea and eating junk food!). I'm so thankful for my family and friends who kept coming to visit and refuel us as we worked. LOVED working with Barb Fisher and Evelyn Anderson!

PS. When Evelyn asked what we would want to eat for lunch from the dining facility, I requested a plate of healthy food for lunch to combat the terrible habit I had formed of putting bad food in my mouth (donuts, ice cream, etc...).  The meal that came back to me was steak smothered in mushroom gravy with rice, fried squash, okra and tomatoes and a roll. :) I think we had different definitions of healthy, but hey, it was delicious!! (did I mention she also brought us a slice of pecan pie??)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment