Background

Saturday, December 31, 2011

396/365


Chauga Narrows

Today my favorite Sarah in all of the world planned a little hiking trip up to "Holler", our favorite place to spend a free day. Our hiking group dwindled down to a small, happy group (Jon ditched us because he decided to go hunting... these boys.). Fortunately our friend Ronnie was brave enough to trek through Walhalla with us. What a fun day!
You can't really see the rapid, but this is the Chauga Narrows which is a NEW
waterfall that Sarah found and it was just beautiful!
I'll bet I have about 500 pictures on my computer that look like this,there is just a
different waterfall behind us. I'm so thankful for these times with Sarah while she's still in the area.
(Grad school is not a fun thought... well, maybe for her, but it means she moves away and leaves me!!)
We are so creative... 
I thank the Lord for bringing Madison into my life. She is a true friend.
Godly friend. Encouragement to me. Find a friend like her!
It is a tough lot in life, but somebody has to hold up the cliff!
This is a better picture of the first part of Chauga Narrows- it's a fun hike and a beautiful
reward at the end of the short trail. Thankful for the grace that continually flows in my life...
Grace upon Grace.
Since it was Ronnie's first time hiking with us, he dunked the Bible and named the falls...
if you ever hike it with us we will share the name. Pretty funny!
I can't exactly tell you what inspired this picture.
But it is cool. (?) :)
Madison and Ronnie had never been to Stumphouse Tunnel, so we had to make a quick stop...
This is our "cool" pose at the back of Stumphouse tunnel. I feel like I was the most
ambitious in this picture... 
Under Isaqueena Falls.
Madi is so cool!
I love this expression! If there were one face that summed up
Sarah's personality, this would be it!
Bull Sluice... once again! Wouldn't be a complete trip to "Holler" without this little stop!
We hiked along the river a little ways in search of Big Foot.
Fortunately nobody fell in the rushing water :), and unfortunately nobody spotted Big Foot.
We did skip rocks, though...

Thankful for another day in creation... for friends, for encouragement in the Word, for waterfalls, for the reminder they are of God's grace that is just flowing, and flowing, and flowing, and flowing....



No comments:

Post a Comment