Background

Monday, December 12, 2011

378/365

Still, my Soul

Tonight my family went to the Getty Christmas concert in Greenville with friends from church and it was such a blessing. One of the highlights of the night was catching up with my favorite math teacher in all of the world, Mrs. Martin. She taught me in high school and it was such an encouragement to catch up with her for just a few short minutes. I am so thankful for the teachers God has placed in my life all the way back to elementary school who not only cared about my education, but my walk with the Lord. 

The second highlight of the night was hearing Still my Soul. This was the Getty's Christmas concert so most of the songs they sang were off of their Christmas album. During the intermission I leaned over to my mom and made a comment about how I wished they would play Still my Soul, but it wasn't listed on the program, and sure enough, during the second half of their concert they just randomly threw it in. It was just one of those little sweet blessings of the Lord that brings tears to your eyes. The Lord used this song in my life to help encourage me through a really tough time, and what a blessing that He cares to encourage us and remind us of His faithfulness in little ways- even by simply having them throw the song into the mix. God hears us- He's real- and so good.


Thankful for a great time of worship... excited it's almost Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment