Background

Friday, December 9, 2011

375/365

Death is Life
Thankful today for the truth in this song. Thankful for Psalm 23 and the fact that though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we don't have to fear. Thankful for the testimony of my dear friends Kevin and Heather.

I spent three summers working at a camp in Arizona and Canada, and Kevin and Heather would help us with the music in Canada (and everything else). When you're a small camp ministering together, you become family.

It's been an encouragement to know so many people are praying for them. God's been impressing on me the incredible power of prayer, and the comfort brought through prayer. I am continuing to pray for Kevin and Heather, and would appreciate the prayers of any of you who read this. Heather had surgery this morning and I haven't heard how it went. But Heather is accepting what God has for her life and has peace in that. What an encouragement- that it isn't death to die.

This last year the Lord used this song in my life and really the life of Sarah in a tremendous way. Sarah's boyfriend's mom went home to be with Jesus, and what a journey to walk through. But to know that Mrs. Ledbetter is in the arms of Jesus, and that Heather will soon be there also- what a comfort. In times of sorrow brought through death we can rejoice as believers, because we are united with Christ- and that is true life.

Thankful today for the testimony of Kevin and Heather, and am thankful for the grace of God in their lives. Continuing to pray for them... please join me.

Ending with one more song that sums it up... I pray that I could sing this if I were in Heather's situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment