Background

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

198/365

Prayer

I'm thankful for the opportunity we have to go before the Lord in prayer. Tonight we were challenged on our mindset of prayer. How often do I neglect going before the Lord to praise, worship and intercede?

Pastor Fisher challenged us with this thought...

Imagine getting a call from the President's secretary saying that President (insert favorite president here) wants to invite you to the White House to spend the day with you and give you a tour. So, to DC you fly on Air Force One to spend a day with a VERY prominent man, and the day ends with a picture and signature.

Do you think you'd talk about that for a while... maybe your whole life? I know I would!

How much more should WE as believers be DYING to share Jesus Christ with others?? I mean, A President is important, but Jesus Christ is the most popular person of all time-- and WE can speak with Him and meet with Him directly!

Interesting food for thought. Convicting. I think as believers growing up in a Christian culture we have forgotten (atleast I have) what it was like not to know Christ and NOT to have this opportunity. We should cherish it. And boast about it... BOAST about Jesus Christ!!

He's so good to us- how can we NOT share the reality of Him to a world who is craving Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment