Background

Saturday, June 18, 2011

201/365

What a day!

Started off with an early morning 8 smiler (what we call mile...), then a 1 smile swim in the lake with GREAT people! We've started a little running club here in Clemson and have just had a blast! Had 15 out this week and look to include more people who are interested. There are all sorts of running clubs in Greenville but nothing in Clemson other than collegiate clubs, so this is my attempt to bring accountability and enjoyment of outdoors to a few in Clemson. It's been a real blessing getting to spend a few hours on Saturdays out in God's creation getting exercise with awesome friends. I am very blessed. (and if you are in the area and want to join, NO MATTER YOUR LEVEL, please come out!!)

I had the privilege of attending TWO weddings in the afternoon/evening. I made a quick trip in a 4 for Erica Zelenko's wedding- so exciting! It was neat to be back at Oakwood and see old, familiar faces (not old in age... just faces from the good ole' days :)). And then I headed back to Clemson for Ben Senn and Bekah Rudie's wedding. It was beautiful... and once again a reunion of old faces. As I left I was so thankful... being with so many old friends brought back great memories of childhood. I realize more and more every day (and at every reunion-type event) how blessed I have been in my life to know the people I've known and to have the experiences I have had. Growing up in Clemson at UBC was like growing up with a big, tight-knit family... and I am so thankful for that.

GREAT Saturday- thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment