Background

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

191/365

You know those people in your life who influence you so much and as you look back you realize the depth of that impact? There's a special man who God has allowed me to know who has had that impact in my life and I know the lives of many, many others.

In high school I had the privilege of sitting under Jack Dean for several Bible classes. Mr. Dean was so much fun- he always told us stories from his baseball career and then how God used circumstances to direct him from that career path into "full time" Christian service. Day in and day out Mr. Dean would teach and throughout all of his teaching the concept of the reality of Christ was incorporated.

"If there's nothing else you take away from this class, remember that GOD IS REAL." He drilled it daily.

If there is anybody in this world who has displayed the love of Christ, it's Mr. Dean. If there is anybody in the world who has demonstrated the reality of Christ, it's Mr. Dean. I'm so thankful that God has used this man to over and over again to remind me of the reality of Christ. The fact that God is real and that we can have a personal, intimate relationship with Him is astounding! 

I am so happy that today Mr. Dean is sitting at the feet of Jesus, the one He loved and passionately pursued. With tears we remember great times with such a special man, but we rejoice that God has brought him home!  I love Mr. and Mrs. Dean so much, and thank God for their lasting impact on my life. 

19 x“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where ymoth and rust1 destroy and where thieves zbreak in and steal, 20 xbut lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal."
Matthew 6:19-20

1 comment:

  1. Like you said he is where he wants to be, with his Creator, God and Savior. Well said Alli.
    I love that man.

    ReplyDelete