Background

Monday, February 28, 2011

91/365

Jesus... It's all about you!



Sunday  morning Sarah and I went for a run at the dikes- watched the sun rise over the lake, causing the misty water to evaporate into a clear, BEAUTIFUL morning. What a blessing to ((1- Go for a run and ENJOY it 2- be reminded of God's mercies that are new EVERY morning (just as the sun rises every morning) 3- listen to my ipod :).

Typically when I run, I don't listen to music. Lately, I've started this habit, and I'm realizing how much it REALLY improves the enjoyment level of a run. Who knew I'd have such an earth shattering discovery after so many years of enjoying this hobby. 

I've got a playlist that I like to listen to to refocus my mind, especially on early morning runs, and one of the songs I listened to several times (went through the 7 songs three times during the course of the run!) is "Heart of Worship". I heard this song the first time at the funeral of one of my very dear friends, and since that day it has been a huge encouragement and rebuke to me. The other morning, I was focusing on the words- "I'm coming back to the heart of worship. It's all about YOU, Jesus." What a great reminder that my life is not at ALL about me, but it's about the person of Jesus Christ.

I have lost sight of that so much here recently. I feel like my mind is in a constant battle with itself- who and what in my life is going to consume me? Is my life really all about the worship of Jesus Christ? When I'm going to work every morning, am I finding joy in my job because of Jesus Christ? Am I finding joy in washing dishes, changing diapers (which is not my favorite task of being an Auntie...), doing things I really don't love to do? Dan touched on this Sunday morning in his message at church, and I was so rebuked. Am I living out the work of the "ministry" in my every day life?

I feel like so often I compartmentalize my life. I worship Christ on Sunday's, I do the business thing from 8:30-5 on Monday through Friday's, I do something exciting on the weekend, then I get back to that heart of worship on Sunday. BUT, every task of my life should be out of a heart of worship to Jesus. After all, life is ALL about HIM.

Anyways, for what it's worth, if you're struggling where you are in life, with the tasks that God has laid before you TODAY (even if it's as simple as a test or as major as a job loss), remember that through it all, the HEART of WORSHIP towards Jesus is what our lives are all about. Take time to worship Jesus Christ in the life He has given you... I encourage you to play the song above and meditate and pray through the words. It's pretty powerful. Hope you're encouraged as I have been.

I'm so thankful that life is all about Jesus- yes, we can enjoy trivial things on this earth, but even in the enjoyment of those things, we can worship Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment