Background

Thursday, February 24, 2011

87/365

Jeremiah 29:11

I know that I have probably shared this verse in posts before (and will probably share it again and again and again...), but the Lord has just been bringing this verse to my mind over the last few days.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

I spent the evening at Brad's family farm, and it was just so neat to be out in the middle of nowhere- nothing there but freshly bush-hogged fields, a guitar, a stream... and most importantly a 94-year-old grandma. What a fun time to stop and remember that life isn't all about the craziness going on... We have to take the time to stop and enjoy the blessings TODAY that God has given us TODAY. It's amazing how thoughts of the future so easily consume my mind. I sit and analyze every situation and idea that is thrown my way. I get so bogged down with thoughts of "Lord, what will the next 2 years look like... 5 years... am I really doing what I'm supposed to be doing? Did I miss out on something you had for me?..." On and on my little mind wanders, and so quickly I forget to look around at the little blessings that are ALL around me. I am called to live a life glorifying and praising God, and when I am too focused on the future to even see TODAY, how is that praising Jesus? It's not!!

So, today, I'm thankful for today. Thankful for friendship, thankful for family, thankful for Brad's family farm and his grandma who is still enjoying life... thankful for encouragement in the WORD, and the fact that I don't have to even consider my future. I just have to walk today by faith, keep my eyes focused on Christ, and in 10 years, I'll be right where I need to be. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment