Background

Friday, February 4, 2011

66/365

Clog-your-arteries Chicken

Last night Stephanie Richardson came over and we decided to make dinner. After spending 15 minutes glancing through cookbooks, we landed on this incredible chicken dish- I don't remember the technical name, but I'm calling it Clog-your-arteries chicken.

Chicken breast rubbed in garlic salt, salt, pepper and Cayenne pepper (plus a little extra :)),
 smothered in carmelized onions, mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
 (It also called for mushrooms and green peppers, but we didn't feel like going to the store to buy them :)-
when I make this again, I think I might throw in some bacon and tomatoes also:))
Overall, a winner! We had homemade mashed potatoes and a fresh salad on the side (and completed the meal with brownies, ice cream and homemade hot fudge:) and SPRINKLES!)...


Only negative is it's lacking in variet of color... but that's just my design side being picky!

It's nice to have a night with nothing to do! Thanks to Betty Crocker for keeping us entertained!

2 comments:

  1. Now... how am I supposed to look up a recipe called "Clog Your Arteries Chicken" ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brownies don't look chocolate - if they are, put more chocolate in, and then you would have enough color. Chocolate always adds color or anything else you need!

    ReplyDelete