Background

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

80/365

Power Group

Thankful for my powergroup at Cross Impact... for prayer, for encouragement in the Word.

We have been studying the life of Peter, and we focused on Peter's denial of Christ. It's amazing to think that somebody who actually WALKED with Christ could deny Him. I sit here and think, "Man, if I could actually touch Jesus there is NO WAY I would ever deny Him! If I walked with Him, there is NO WAY I could do that!" Yet, Peter does. He caves to the fear of man and without thinking denies his Savior.

It was convicting to me tonight, because how often in my own ways am I caving to the fear of man and denying my Savior? It might look a little different than what we see with the account of Peter, but all in all, it's the same denial. When I choose to put myself above Christ, I am denying Him.

Convicting. Thankful. How incredible that the Word of God (and the Spirit!) continually convicts.

1 comment:

  1. You know...we think that. That if Christ was close enough to touch, we would never deny Him. Yet we deny Him in a million ways every day. When someone takes His name in vain...when someones claims evolution to be true... when someone claims that they do not need Christ. We sit in silence and deny Him...and we are not even in life threatening situations. Peter was. SO how can we say we wouldn't deny Him in such a serious situation, when we do it in our simple, safe, everyday lives?? It was a very convicting night, I agree.

    ReplyDelete