Background

Thursday, February 10, 2011

74/365

Sydney Vernon :)

Tonight I spent the evening with one of my very best friends from high school, and it was just such a blessing. It's funny how throughout our high school/college years it's as if we've gone through similar situations in our personal lives at the same time. I love how God brings the exact people into our lives to speak truth to us- not just out of habit because it's "the christian thing to do", but because they are going through the same hardship/victory. I just thank God for Syd :). Tonight she was sharing with me what God is doing, and it's all summed up in this poem. I thought it was incredible-- an honest prayer to the Lord that I believe many of us can relate to.

Hope it's a blessing.  (It doesn't have a title yet, so IF YOU STEAL IT, name it, and claim it, you will be tracked down!! ) ;)


"I hold on to this burden although my strength is gone,
It's time for me to let it go, my one chance to move on.
I feel too ashamed to pray to God and embarrassed by my sin,
Why should He clean up the mess that I got myself in?

But I can't handle all the pain withought my Saviors love,
I need to break through cloudy skies and see the light above.
Jesus, I'm done running from my past and from my pain,
You lifted me from brokenness and called me by my name.

You said You'll never leave me and dried up all my tears,
Every prayer that leaves my lips You are bound to hear.
I'm sorry for losing sight of You and focusing on me,
I want to live a better life, to make You proud of me.

Jesus I am begging You to turn my life around
I'm thankful for forgiveness and for the peace I've found.
Bless my life and lead me to the path that I should take,
Help me find the road that leads me past all my mistakes."


What I loved about this poem is the truth it speaks about God. God has lifted us from brokenness- He's a God who desires to restore broken, worthless people. He's promised not to leave us nor forsake us, and He's the God of comfort (drying our tears). He gives us purpose in Life! He hears us when we cry to Him. He has the power to turn a life around- to transform us from our wicked flesh to God-honoring glory bearers of Jesus Christ. He desires to bless us because He loves us THAT MUCH! (because there's nothing that we can do to merit His blessing and His love.) He will show us the path we should take, and He has already forgiven our past mistakes. He's just an incredible Savior.

So... thankful for friends who see our God as such a powerful, compassionate, forgiving Savior. Tonight spending time with Sydney built my faith. I thank God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment