Background

Monday, May 30, 2011

180/365

I WENT TO THE COCA COLA 600 TODAY THANKS TO ROSS AND BRIENT... and it was SO much fun! My dad sent a text that said... "My redneck daughter. Dad."

I think it makes him proud that I would attend such an event and LOVE it! ;)

Seriously though, I've been dying to go to a Nascar race for a LONG time, and I'm so thankful I had this opportunity. Ross hooked us up with some incredible tickets and we just had the best time. I learned a lot about racing (considering I didn't know much before the race...).... and I thought I'd share some interesting facts with you.

1. You have to get to the race early... there are 15 different ways to get there, and usually 14 of those routes take 2 hours and 1 takes 30 minutes. We took the 1/15 30 minute route and got there REALLY quickly. Great driving skills, guys!

2. The more you weight the less you wear. (dress code motto... atleast that's what Katie warned me about and it was confirmed on Sunday)

3. Guys are supposed to have 15 tattoos and aren't supposed to wear shirts (and a beer belly makes the  "look" even more attractive... atleast that's what people think...)

4. Everybody hates Jeff Gordon because he's a "pretty boy" (which in the terms of NASCAR fans this means that he fixes his hair and wears nice clothes.... hmmm)

5. Everybody LOVES Dale Earnhardt, Jr. He hasn't won in 3 years. Everybody was very depressed as they left because he ran out of gas on the last tenth of a mile...

6. Kevin Vandam is not a race car driver. He is a professional fisherman. (This is who I thought I was pulling for until the drive over to the race when we looked him up to find his number and realized he was a professional fisherman)

7. You go to the race for the wrecks and the fights. And girls fight more than guys. 

8. You will definitely get beer on your neck. I did. It just happens. Thanks guy sitting behind me!

9. WOW... it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wear ear plugs and make sure that you learn to read lips before going!

10. Curly fries are really hard to find.

11. There is a reason that people in America are fat. Turkey legs at 11:30 at night... washed down by a big coke or beer... I mean, come on people! Let's think about this one!!!

12. It was kinda fun.... ok REALLY fun! Awesome experience and I'd definitely go again in a heart beat. 

Corn hole.... MUST!
Brient playing cornhole with a guy who was randomly tailgating beside us. notice the apparel. Told you.
Ross, Brient and me.... about to go in! THIS IS REAL!!!!
They had an awesome pre-race show in honor of Memorial Day... it was awesome! Phantom Bomber...
it was CRAZY because you couldn't hear it until it was past the stadium. Incredible!
Oh oh oh oh... first fight of the night!!!! Come on big mama!!!
I think I would get dizzy driving in circles.... over and over and over and over....
This was Brient's favorite car. And Katie McLeod's apparently. It's kinda cute...
Thanks for a FUN TIME, Ross!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha! Your summary was very accurate and hysterical! What a great time! Thanks for coming :)

    ReplyDelete