Background

Sunday, May 8, 2011

160/365

Happy Mothers Day to my INCREDIBLE mom!!!!

In honor of my great mother I'd like to write a witty poem entitled...

YOU REALLY ARE THE BEST

"Mom, you are so cool
You really are the best.
Mom, you are so neat
You really are the best.

Mom, you are so nice
You really are the best.
Mom, you are so pretty
You really are the best."

-Allison Campbell

Dear Mom,

Thanks for all you have done for me during my lifetime. My creative writing skills are due to your constant push for intellectual stimulation... from the times you encouraged us to play cowboys and indians in the yard, to the hours we spent playing YMCA basketball/baseball/softball (even though the softball year was a bad idea...), or maybe even when you allowed me to believe I could actually dig all the way to China.  You have been an aid in helping to develop this poetic ability, and I owe all of my success to you. (Because there are many, many more poems where the above poem came from)

OK OK OK... in alllll honesty... Mom, you are just the best. I'm just going to throw this out there- you're probably my favorite mom in all of the world. In fact, you ARE my favorite mom, and if I had been given the option to go to Mom's-R-Us and pick out the most perfect mom, you would have been the one! :) (and I'm not saying all of this so that you will name me #1 in the will... because we all know that I am already in that position, so this has no effect) :)

I really do appreciate all of the sacrifices you have made for me. I know you do because I see it every day, especially now that I work with you and I see all the behind-the-scene STUFF that goes on. You are such a blessing in my life, and I am so thankful to know you. Thanks for being that ear that I am seemingly needing more and more these days, and thanks for understanding me. You have spent so many hours laughing and crying with me... and those moments are gifts that will never be taken away.

Thanks for your godly example... for encouraging me to love Jesus and to go to Him no matter what situation God brings along. I pray that one day I will walk with God the way that you do,  I will love others selflessly the way you do, I will give to others the way you do, I will listen to others the way you do... mom, you're the best!

I just love you to the moon and back! :)

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment