Background

Saturday, November 5, 2011

341/365

The ladies' conference at UBC this weekend was such an encouragement. Elsie Newell spoke to us on the importance of inductive Bible study, and we split off into groups and picked apart 2 Peter 1:1-11.

Simeon Peter, a servant (Bondservant... a willing servant) and apostle of Jesus Christ,

To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature (!!!!), having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control (Galatians 5.... walking in the Spirit), and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection (genuinely desiring to see my brothers/sisters successful for Christ), and brotherly affection with love. (PS these qualities can't be obtained in our own strength.... are developed as I learn to walk with God and depend on Him... manifestations of the Spirit's working in my life) For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins (don't forget who we are in Christ! We are made new!). Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (Awesome... eternity with Christ!)
(2 Peter 1:1-11 ESV)

What a great passage... God's Word is alive and is so satisfying. The theme of the conference was "Complete and Satisfied in Christ", and what is so increible is that we CAN be complete and satisfied in Christ.

One of the songs we taught the ladies was All I Have is Christ. (SO GOOD) If you've never heard it you must look it up. RICH truth.

"All I Have is Christ"

I once was lost in darkest night

Yet thought I knew the way
The sin that promised joy and life
Had led me to the grave
I had no hope that You would own
A rebel to Your will
And if You had not loved me first
I would refuse You still (!)
But as I ran my hell-bound race
Indifferent to the cost
You looked upon my helpless state
And led me to the cross (grace!)
And I beheld God’s love displayed
You suffered in my place (!)
You bore the wrath reserved for me (Ah! So good. Wow.)
Now all I know is grace

Hallelujah! All I have is Christ
Hallelujah! Jesus is my life

Now, Lord, I would be Yours alone
And live so all might see
The strength to follow Your commands
Could never come from me
Oh Father, use my ransomed life
In any way You choose
And let my song forever be
My only boast is You

(I realized as I went through this that I wanted to bold and underline every phrase....)

Brooke and Wyatt did a GREAT job with the decor and food!
O Great God!
"Own it ALL and reign SUPREME... conquer EVERY rebel power"



Love the body of Christ. Mrs. Millsaps had a resource display for us... so helpful!

Such an encouragement- wanted to stay all day!
SO, after an encouraging morning in the Word with my sisters, a few of us headed up to Table Rock. What is better than a morning in the Word and an afternoon in His creation? (Thanks to Kyle Walters for including us and postponing the time of their trip so a few of us could join :))
This is the gang we joined... thanks Kyle!
I love the sky.... the contrast of the sky through the trees is
honestly one of my favorite things in the world.
I have so many pictures like this from hikes since I was 10....
NEVER gets old!
Timothy thought we had reached the top.... NOPE! :)

Gorgeous! Told you I was obsessed.... :)

Woot woot!


So glad to hike to the top with Steph! :)

Love BYE week in the fall... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment