Background

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

352/365

As we wrapped up the day in the office I decided a run was long overdue (been all of 24 hours since the last one and post-race symptoms are looming heavily-- "AH I need to run! Ah! I need to run!!!"). As I was mentioning to mom that I was gonna head, little D piped in "I want to run Alli" to which I responded, "How far, Daniel?" and he responded with.... "hmmm two miles".

I just find it adorable that he knows what running is and that he knows what miles are (although I think he's a tad bit confused about the distance part). So, I went for my little run (in the rain-- which is one of my favorite things to do in rain!) and when I got back to the neighborhood, Aunt Karen and Daniel were walking the dog.

As soon as Daniel saw me he wanted to run with me, so up the hill we went... and let me tell you, that little guy didn't want to quit! He dominated the last two miserable hills in my neighborhood-- 3/10 of a mile is pretty good for an almost three year old! "Come on Daniel, you can do it- we're so close, keep it up!" He loved the encouragement. ;)

So as we neared the top of the hill on my street, Daniel started walking and exhaled "I'm running no more. I'm tired." I know the feeling all too well. I asked him how far we had run together... "two miles!"

Wet shoes from the puddles... too much fun! Feeling accomplished. :)



Love that little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment