Background

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

244/365

Overwhelmed by God's goodness to me. Overwhelmed by His love. He has blessed me with so many good gifts- even just reading over this blog from day 1 has reminded me of all the little blessings He has given me day by day.

I know I'm just on day 244 of this journey of thanks, but it has been one of the greatest lifechanging exercises.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

This is probably (currently) one of my favorite verses. This year has been a wild ride. Lots of changes including job, heartbreak, location. But as I look back I can see how God has (and continues to) crafted each day with a purpose. I see how God has brought me into a whole new way of thinking as far as my future is concerned. Rather than clinging to what I know and what feels comfortable, He has thrown me way out of my comfort zone and said "Allison, I'll take care of this. You do your part and I'll direct." He's given me comfort through friendships from across the world- friends that I've come to know and love like my family. He's given me a great group of friends to TRAIN with (woot woot... so excited about Marine Corps this year...) and friends who are pushing me to do new things (biking, swimming... triathalon, here we come). That's always exciting. He's given me a precious nephew (two nephews and one niece!) who has a way of making each day special. Just today Little D and I were dancing in the office together- he has NO CLUE how much I value those precious moments. God has allowed me to pursue a field that is just unreal. He's allowed me to meet so many inspiring people who love what they do and who have the correct focus in the financial world. And not only that, God has given me the most incredible teacher. What a better mentor than my amazing, godly father (who has been so patient with me as I've learned about put and call options....).

As I look back I see times where I've struggled with basic truths about God. I believe that God is sovereign, yet I doubt His plan for my life. I believe God is in control, yet I struggle with why I feel certain ways and cannot move on. I KNOW that God is real, yet I fail to feel the reality.

I laugh now. I am starting to see it. And it's such a blessing.

I am so glad that God's plan for my life is just that... it's HIS plan, not my own. I have no clue what my life will look like in 5 years, 10 or even 50. I have probably written a post like this before.... but I am so thankful to look back over the last 244 days and see God's hand. God is SO GOOD all the time, even when we don't realize it at the time. His plan truly is perfect.

I am one blessed girl. And not just because of situation or circumstance, but because of God. I have a God who loves me and cares for me- He cares enough to know the numbers of HAIR on my head (I don't even know that!! He knows me better than I know myself!). He loves me. That is incredible.

Today, I'm thankful for His plan. I'm thankful that God is working that in my life, though I fail to follow it sometimes, and almost daily resist it. He's so faithful to me... to all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment