Background

Saturday, August 13, 2011

254/365

Well.... alllll geared up for my run this morning, dropped off the waters for our water stops, grabbed my running watch, picked up Zhixin and then met Lisa. Off we go. Of course I didn't see the massive rock ahead. (dum duh duh duuum)

The rock changed the course of the morning. Straight back to the car I went.

Hope my ankle will be OK in a week. I just didn't want to put miles on a sprained ankle. The pop... the loud pop changed my persevering mind.

On days like this I'm tempted to feel defeated and frustrated, but life isn't all about running. :) What can God teach me from a bummed ankle? To stop and not to micro manage. It's OK when the training gets off schedule. Life gets off schedule. Roll with it. (no pun intended) :) I mean, who needed a 13 mile run today, anyways.

Next week.... next week.

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey, I am so sorry. I have heard that pop sound before and know exactly how painful it is. Your family better take really good care of you the next few days!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete