Background

Monday, March 21, 2011

112/365

Isle of Palms... awesome place!

Many, many summers of my childhood, the "Fanbell Annual March to the Sea" took place. The Fants and Campbell's would pack out a house on the Isle of Palms- ALL 14 of us! Great memories were made (and lasting scars for some of us!) on that Island and to this day it's my favorite beach spot. In fact, Charleston (as you can see from prior blog posts) is somewhere I can't go too long without visiting! So, for the CI retreat to be in this city was an excitement for me!!

We spent the afternoons doing various and sundry activities (I love that I just used the word sundry.... not sure what it means, but I just love that word and wanted to get it in my blog!), including laying out on the beach, wandering around historic Charleston, shopping... you know, the typical things you do in Charleston. There were a few in our group who had never been to Charleston, so it was exciting to show them around.

Amy Ledbetter, Steph Richardson, Achieng Adongo and me on Sunday. The beach was pretty
overcast and CHILLY, so we just went out for a little while. We decided to make this our
shopping day. Tough decision :)

SO MANY starfish and sand dollars were on the shore. In all of my trips to the Isle of Palms
I've never seen as many as we saw running up and down the beach!
(thanks to Mark Lopez for the GREAT photo editing here... :))

Caleb was PRETTTTY excited about this massive shell.......

Carli's dad was able to join us for the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment