Background

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

43/365

Cross Impact.

I am looking forward to our first Cross Impact Bible study of the semester. It's been a huge blessing to be involved with this ministry, and more important the people of it. I thank God for His encouragement to me through the friends I have made through CI. I've been challenged, rebuked, loved, prayed for, even cried with many of these ladies, and I thank the Lord for them.

Over the break I spent some time in Genesis, and read the first few chapters over and over. I found it really interesting and exciting to read the account of creation, the fall, and the life of Adam and Eve. It's so neat how stories you've read and heard about your whole life can still be dissected and can provide encouragement.

I have been overwhelmed by the love of the Lord. It's so interesting reading about the fall of man- the disobedience of Adam and Even (Eve first, then Adam... not that sin is the fault of women ;)), the immediate shame after they disobeyed God, the hardship that was brought to the human life due to the decision to eat the fruit of the tree, the deceit of the serpent... It's incredible. How in the world could Adam and Even, living in a perfect garden, WALKING (literally) with God, disobey? It shows me how selfish we really are. I've been convicted about this. How often do I look around at what I think looks good and sounds right and I "go for it" rather than obeying the voice of my God who ultimately KNOWS what is best because He has designed me, the world, my circumstances. How would my life be changed if daily I denied the "fruit" that I know I should not consume, yet in my eyes it looks so good?

The coolest part of it all is, despite my human weaknesses and stupid choices (seemingly DAILY), Jesus loves me and forgives me, and desires to restore my walk with Him. If you have a minute, go YOUTUBE Sovereign Grace Ministries "The Prodigal"... such an encouragement.

Anyways, for what it is worth, this is what God is encouraging me with. Hope it's a blessing for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment