Background

Saturday, October 29, 2011

334/365

LOVE DC!

Great day! It all started off with a nice morning sleeping in, then we went to the expo for a few hours and got all of our race STUFF in order. We were tempted with so many cool running gadgets but finally walked away and headed to the National Archives. Several of the people in our group had never been to DC, so it was fun to experience the city with them for the first time. How neat would it be to tell people that on your first trip to DC you ran the streets... ah!
After a fun day around the city (might I add, it SNOWED!), we ate at Primo's with my sister-in-law's parents (Roger and Susan McLeod). It was such a special time- so happy to see them!

Thankful to be in DC. Thankful for physical exercise and good health to log 26.2 tomorrow. And I must throw in here I'm so thankful for my parents who have always been so supportive of me and my siblings in every goal we've ever set. It's so neat to have them here with us... don't know what we'd do without them!

Here we are... headed off to the expo. You can't tell in this picture because it's so dark, but it was really cold and rainy outside. Of course, that didn't stop us! It was nothing that quick trip to Starbucks couldn't resolve...
mmm Pumpkin Spice Latte!
(Pic is blurry.... taken from my tiny phone...)

No comments:

Post a Comment