Background

Saturday, October 1, 2011

310/365

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweetest and greatest and most wonderfulest sister-in-law of all time.

God really gave our family a blessing when he gave us Katie. I just laugh when I think of the early days of Monroe+Katie. The first weekend we met we just hit it off, and I think if you met us and spent much time around us you'd find that we are so alike. It's scary. (except she is way cooler than I am...)

Anyways, I wanted to write a special little poem in honor of my sweet and wonderful and just FABULOUS sister.

I will call this poem ... (drum roll, Please)...

KATIE, YOU REALLY ARE THE BEST

Katie, you are cool,
You really are the best!
Katie, you are pretty,
You really are the best!

Katie, remember when we stuffed the turkey together?
You really are the best!
Katie, remember LIFESONG?
You really are the best!

Katie,  you once stole lipstick.
You really are the best.
Katie, you were so honest and ethical you returned the lipstick to the cart boy.
You really are the best.

Katie, one time we ate a turkey leg together.
You really are the best.
And then Katie, you know what we did... we met BORIS!
You really are the BEST! (Notice the change of rhythm here... that was for effect)

Katie, if I ever need fundraising, I am hiring you.
You really are the best.
In fact, I might need you to fund raise a ticket to Dallas-- k, thanks!
You really are the best.

Katie, I LOVED our weekly chats about our favorite TV shows.
You really are the best.
Katie, I love your stories about falling asleep... in odd places...
You really are the best.

Once I had a cockroach in my bath tub.
You really are the best.
I just wanted you to know that. (Subliminal messages)
You really are the best.

Katie, You deserve a WONDERFUL birthday... because...
YOU REALLY ARE THE BEST!
So, I hope you've had one :)
You really are the best!!!


I LOVE YOU KATIE!! You really are TRULY the best sister-addition we could have ever asked for! Love you to pieces and can't wait to see you soon... hopefully very soon... maybe tomorrow! (let me know when you raise the money for my ticket!)

No comments:

Post a Comment