Background

Monday, October 17, 2011

323/365

Well.... today is my birthday. I am now 24 which is half of 48, or so I've been told. This is approximately a third of my life expectancy. I believe that with this new year comes new responsibility, a sense of maturity, growth, adulthood.

In honor of this day of birth, I received one exceptionally incredible voicemail and e-mail from those who have gone before and already celebrated this year of maturity. I thought I'd share it with those who care! :) (shout out to the winners of the "Most creative birthday wish to Allison" contest... Rachel and Bryyyyyan Buuuuurton!)



This has been one of my favorite birthdays! It started with the traditional breakfast in bed....

... and was followed by an iMessage from my dear little sister.... (yea yea, I know I'm so cool... iMessage... ha!)


...and then I spent some time out on the golf course with dad and Matt. My boss is pretty incredible. He gave us all the day off in honor of my birth! ;) After playing golf we went back to the house where we met up with the family for a trip to Anderson to go to FIVE GUYS!

All the family minus Monroe, Katie and MOM (who is taking the picture! ) :)
So glad STEPH could be there with us to celebrate the day! Honorary sister!!!
Dad has a habit of talking when his picture is being taken.... :)


WE love Five Guys!!! 

After dinner we went back to the house to eat cake and open gifts... the boys and Kathryn helped me blow out
my candles. THIS PICTURE makes me laugh so much. Candid. Love it that Kathryn's zoning in on the camera.
OH, and Sarah's expression-- she's going to kill me for this! :)

Too bad no icing on this cake! It's not QUITE as much fun to
like candles from a cake with no icing!
Forest and Elizabeth even came by to wish me a
'W'onderful BIRTHDAY!!!

As if the DAY hasn't been exciting enough, the end of the night entailed
some wii just dance for kids... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Matt was a pro! ;)

All in all, a GREAT day! I am truly blessed. Life is a gift, and I thank God for giving me 24 years of life... and more importantly, eternal life!

1 comment:

  1. i'm kinda just a little jealous i didn't think of the birthday rap idea... kudos to rachel and brian.

    happy birthday to you my dear.. love you more than you know! ;)

    ReplyDelete