Background

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

223/365

Tonight Aunt Karen and I went to dinner with Daniel at Five Guys, and then we went to Rita's. That little boy... thankful for the time spent catching up with Aunt Karen, and for the excitement of a 2 year old. :)

Also, I must mention that yesterday was a big learning day for little Daniel. I was in the office and heard this loud BANG at about 4:30, so I ran to the noise and see little Daniel sitting infront of my laptop, and the screen was full of little colorful lines. Now, as you may know I LOVE color and I love artistic, unique design, but this was not the type of color or design that I am particularly fond of. "Daniel, the computer is dead!! Look! Did you pick it up and drop it?!" To which he responded "Yes." So, we had a little chat about the computer and the fact that because it was dropped, it was now dead. We were going to watch Netflix together and he decided he would get the computer ready for us-- though he knows very clearly that he isn't supposed to touch my computer.

So, after a nice little time sitting there crying over the death of the computer, and talking about how we knew that we had done something very, VERY bad, we moved on.

Last night Carrie said that Daniel came in to the living room emphatically exclaiming, "It's dead!" Dan and Carrie thought, WHAT is dead? So, they followed him into his room and Daniel said, "It falled. It's dead"-- referring to his Bible story book that had fallen on the floor.

Mission accomplished. He understood. I can effectively communicate with a 2 year old. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment