Background

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

217/365

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONROE!!!!

Today is a very, very special day. My dear brother is turning another year older. Though we wish we could start turning a year younger, it is inevitable that we all must grow up at some point or another.

So, in honor of his birthday, I would like to write a poem.

"Monroe, you are the Best"

Monroe, you are great,
You really are the best.
Monroe, you are my only brother,
You really are the best.
Monroe, one time you hit me and I had Rachael outlined the red spot on my back to tattle tale (that was a little too long of a phrase, but don't mind the form here)
You really are the best.
Monroe, that red spot went away-- don't worry!
You really are the best.
Monroe, I used to cover your back growing up. You have alot to thank me for. :)
You really are the best.
Monroe, remember the time when we helped your friend run away and I hid in the back of the car under the blanket because I was scared of the dark, but you made me come with you because you were scared to drive?
You really are the best.
Monroe, Oh man, I remember the time that you threatened that boy in my class for being mean to me...
WOW, you REALLY are the best.
Monroe, remember when I used to have a crush on all the boys on your baseball team?
You really are the best.
Monroe, do you remember the time that the violin went through the bedroom door?? (oooooops!)
You really are the best.
Monroe, you married Katie.
YOU REALLY ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!

Monroe, hope you enjoyed that. I do want you to know (Katie you can pass this along) that I am so very thankful for you and the role you have played in my life. You definitely have made life more memorable for me :) and have made things MUCH more exciting! I'm so happy for you and Katie and the life that God has blessed you with, and I look forward to spending more and more and MORE time with you both in years to come! I love you so very much and thank God for giving me the best brother I could ever have!

You really are the best! :)


Katie was the best addition we could have ever asked for... :) .

No comments:

Post a Comment