Background

Sunday, July 3, 2011

214/365

I love my church.  I love that God is working and that I am growing through the teaching of the Word. I'm thankful for the reality of Christ, and the heart of a pastor who is transparent before the Lord and transparent before the people.

God has blessed my life with the family I have at UBC...

I have been reading a book called "Respectable Sins" by Jerry Bridges for Sunday school, and it has been a tremendous rebuke and blessing. I'd encourage everybody I know to read it-- so easy to understand and soooo so so so practical.

It's so easy to tolerate simple sins... anxiety, frustration, anger. I struggle particularly with anxiety. I hate not having control of my life. The funny thing is that while I feel like I can sometimes manage my time and I can remain in control, even then I am not at ALL in control!!! God is! So easy for me to forget.

God is real. That real God is sovereign over my life. That's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment