Background

Sunday, February 12, 2012

439/365

Blessed by the BODY of Christ. Thankful for the Gospel and how it affects my life. (I think I talk about being thankful for the body about once a week. I'm telling you... I never realized how important it was!)

Enjoyed fellowship today at both UBC and Crosspoint. Thankful for God's Word and how applicable it is to TODAY. Thankful for worship, and the opportunity I had today to worship my precious Father with so many different believers. Thankful for Dan's message tonight from Mark 7. He spoke on the Pharisees--

" the people honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men." (Mark 7:6-8)

How often in my own life do I do what I do because it is comfortable? Am I going through life living vicariously through traditions that have been set before me, not giving thought to why I do what I do? Do I think that I'm "OK" or even "spiritual" because I go to church two or three times a week, I give money to the church, I say the right things, I dress the right way?? Or am I truly seeking to give God my heart of worship?

Great exhortation. Blessed today. Thankful for Jesus Christ and His working.

No comments:

Post a Comment