Background

Thursday, February 2, 2012

429/365

POWER group tonight was such a blessing, and just what I needed. I was feeling pretty exhausted after a day back in the office playing catch-up, and didn't FEEL like making the drive to Anderson. Felt behind in preparation for our study and was just not in the mood to dig.

I got to Madison's house, started getting around some pretty encouraging sisters, and can't TELL YOU how blessed my heart was. I am so refreshed and thank God for encouragement found through unity in the Gospel. We are studying the end of Philippians 1 and then chapter 2, and it starts off talking about the need of living our lives worthy of the Gospel of Christ. Paul is passionate about this concept, and he is charging the church at Philippi to live worthy of the Gospel by standing firm in unity, striving TOGETHER for the faith of the Gospel, not torn down by those who oppose, but firm. Together, striving to live in light of the Gospel... to cast a proper view of God and glorify Him through our lives.

I feel like tonight in our short three hours together we did just that. Together, pursuing Christ, encouraging each other, praying for each other, talking about how awesome our God is, helping each other set goals, sharing laughs and burdens... SO THANKFUL for the Gospel and how it was displayed by each of the sisters in my POWER group. Thankful that because of the Gospel I am adopted into the family of Christ. I am his daughter whom He loves so very dearly.




(...And I apologize for the random connection of thoughts. I am not a writer, and usually I cover that up by posting lots of pictures, but I have none tonight. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment