Background

Friday, April 22, 2011

144/365

Good Friday

TODAY is a great day. Growing up I never really thought much about "Good Friday"... just brushed it aside in anticipation of pretty dresses and hats, easter egg hunts and family traditions. 

I think this year I've come to more of a realization of my need for the blood of Jesus. Because of my sin, I needed a Savior. And that's why God sent His only (amazing) Son into the earth to DIE... which is what we spend today remembering. But the awesome thing about the death of Christ is that death couldn't hold Him captive. 

Tonight we celebrated the Lord's supper at church and I was just drawn to tears thinking about the implications of Christ's death (and resurrection!) on my life. I was thinking about what my life would look like if I didn't have a relationship with Jesus. How hopeless life would be. To even imagine that death is IT and that there's nothing more is just so hopeless. I am so thankful to because of Jesus Christ WE can partake in the victory over death. We are able to have a genuine relationship with the Creator of the universe... and we can enjoy a life of COMPLETE satisfaction worshiping Jesus Christ! (and the coolest thing is that this life will never end... and it truly is complete satisfaction because we are MOST satisfied when God is glorified in us- that's how we as humans were created! We were created to worship God... that's our purpose!)


So, that leads me to the song that I'm claiming for this GREAT Good Friday. I am so thankful that God has reached down and rescued me and that He has claimed me as His child. I hope this is an encouragement to you as you listen through and meditate on your walk with Jesus or your need for a walk with Him. I really have no clue who all reads this blog, but if you have never reached out to Jesus... DO IT! He's reaching out to you- you'll never regret beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ- I promise you from first hand experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment