Background

Saturday, December 4, 2010

4/365

Unconditional Love.

I never knew how much you could adore little children until I became an Aunt (and the favorite auntie, at that). Now don't misunderstand me- I have always loved children. I think they're a TON of fun! But when rubber meets the road, changing stinky diapers isn't how I would like to spend every waking minute of my life.

I have the unique priviledge of working along side one of the coolest almost two-year-old's in the world. Little Daniel comes to work every day and helps us run the office. If truth be told, he does run things around here... he's just too cute not to! This little guy has taught me so many lessons, but there's one lesson in particular this little boy (unknowingly) has been drilling into my head.

Daniel and Bopa at the Merry Christmas Tree Farm
If you say, "Daniel, who do you love?", he always replies with a confident "Bopa" (affectionate term for my old man). Every time you ask him, that is his response. I got to thinking about it... my dad could commit the worst of crimes, yet if you asked Daniel who he loved, without the slightest hesitation he would respond, "Bopa".

Isn't this such a clear picture of the unconditional love of Christ? Daily I do things that displease Christ. I am consistently failing Him... I am human and far from perfect in my walk with Him. In fact, sometimes I even choose not to do right. (sounds harsh, but let's just face facts!) Yet Christ loves me with an unconditional, unfailing love.  It goes back to the simple truth found in John 3:16!

So for today, I am thankful for the true, unconditional love of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment