Background

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

462/365

Thankful that God is so kind. Thankful that He is our loving Father and that He takes care of us. He's our Shepherd.

Psalm 23 has become a Psalm of comfort to me over the years. Last week my cousin was in town and we were talking about the concept of the Lord being our shepherd. Just as a shepherd cares and protects his flock, my Father is doing the same for me. He is my shepherd, protecting me, guiding me, providing for me, pursuing me when I've wandered away.

So thankful that today one of my sisters is with that Great Shepherd. Thankful that though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we don't have to fear death because our security is in CHRIST and what He did for us on the cross. Thankful that Heather is now dwelling in the presence of her Love, her Creator, the One who knows the plan He had and will continue to have for her life and the legacy she has left behind.

Thankful that it isn't death to die, but it's truly the beginning of eternity in the PRESENCE of Jesus. I know I've shared this song many many times, but the truths are penetrating. Listen through this and praise Jesus with me for Christ. Praise Him that Heather is now free from pain and is in the presence of OUR Great Shepherd.

Thank you, Jesus.


Please pray with us for Kevin Burrill and their two little boys as they go through the grieving process. Pray for wisdom and strength, comfort, peace, and that God's reality will be ever present.

No comments:

Post a Comment