Background

Thursday, September 29, 2011

308/365

One of my favorite meals is hot pot... Chinese style. I have several incredible friends from China who have had me over for hot pot a few times and tonight I wanted to return the favor. Tingting and I ran to the Asian supermarket (with Carli Sierad :)) today and picked up the goods, and tonight we had about 10 girls over to hang out... and eat. :) (always, ALWAYS food involved when girls hang out- make no mistake!)

Tofu in various forms... delicious!
Steph and Tingting
Love this picture... shows the personality. Lisa is just calm and poised- beautiful and classy, and then there's Zhixin who is just as adorable as can be with chop sticks coming out of her ears.... typical :)

SO thankful Bohua could join us, and of course Sylvia-- all the way
from El Salvador. :) She is such a sweet lady and I'm glad she could
experience traditional Chinese food :) THANKS TO TINGTING for helping
put everything together!!!
Sylvia conquering chop sticks :)
I just love this lady!
We had a spicy soup and a not-spicy soup to boil our veggies and tofu in... THIS was
definitely the spicy one, and boy did it leave your eyes watering!

This is most of us.... I know, I know... You are thinking- THAT was a TON of food for only about 10 people...
Granted.

The feast is ready! 
Thankful for Tingting and Zhixin... and Steph, Bohua, Sylvia, Carli, Morgan, Tansey, Ivy, Lisa. . . and of course my incredible parents for allowing us to use their kitchen! :)

God has blessed me with great friends from all over the world. Who would have guessed I'd learn such unique culture in little ole' Clemson?! :) What a GREAT day.

No comments:

Post a Comment