Background

Sunday, December 5, 2010

6/365

Mi Iglesia.

So thankful for my family at UBC. I have grown to love and appreciate the body of Christ in a different way over the last few years... and am truly thankful for the unity and bond in Christ that I share with my brothers and sisters there. (and the universal body of Christ- which would include my family outside of UBC :))

Yesterday in sunday school we were studying Luke 4, a passage regarding Jesus' temptation in the wilderness. To combat this temptation Jesus uses the Word of God and seeks to draw the glory to God (which He does successfully). It was such a reminder to me that, if Christ chose to depend on the Word for strength, how much more do I (a VERY far-from-perfect person) need to be relying on the Word of my God to combat sin?
http://www.esvonline.org/search/Luke+4/ ... read it for yourself. GREAT reminder!!

Thanks to Jesus for giving me a body of believers to encourage me in my pursuit of Christ... as iron sharpens iron, a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment