Background

Thursday, December 2, 2010

2/365

Family.

"The family.  We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together."  ~Erma Bombeck

I will say this quote sums it all up. It is amazing that all five of us children survived to adulthood- and we have all limbs intact! Who would have ever thought that the bitterest of enemies (or so we thought :)) would one day become our closest of friends. It seems like just yesterday Monroe was chasing me around the house with a violin (which landed in a slammed door leaving a NICE dent... oops!), Carrie and Rach were yelling at him to stop (I am in no way implying that they were bossy... ), and Sarah Louise was off in the woods ignoring us all. She always had a way to stay out of things- playing with imaginary friends did the trick! Though we did experience the occasional trials of childhood (lots of door slams, pulled hair, wars in the kitchen and broken windows)... I am so thankful for the friendships that were bound through those growing years.

We've faced good times and hard times... times of joy and times of pain. But the memories I look back on are such a gift from the Lord. I praise Him for the godly example He has placed in my life through my family.Thankful for the leadership of my dad- his love for the Lord, the Word, my mom. I'm thankful for my mom and her calm, patient, loving spirit.  Carrie, Rach, Monroe- I've always loved them, but I love them even more now that they've given me two new brothers and a new sister (and then nephews and one niece on the way!!). Sarah Lou- despite the fact that she claims to be the favorite auntie, I suppose I do love her to pieces!! (we all know who truly IS the favorite aunt!)

So, for day 2, I praise Jesus for my family. :) That Campbell Clan... who could ask for more?

The whole Family in the Mountains


Precious Benton at the Clemson Airport- "eh pane!!!"

Carrie, Dan and Daniel at the Clemson Game

My Best Friend in the whole entire world...

Sarah, Carrie and Me in the mountains

Rach, Matt, Monroe and Katie

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry! I love you! I am so thankful to be a part of this amazing family and friendship. I just thankful I didn't have to survive the younger years ;)

    ReplyDelete